Official Rules for the 4ag Color Me Green Project
Beginning in 2020, 4ag Inc. will begin the Color me Green Project. This program is designed to assist economically vulnerable families and individuals obtain a solar power system for their homes. These solar systems will either be fully or partially subsidized.
In order to be considered for the 4ag Color Me Green Program, the following requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years or older.
- Applicant must own his/her home.
- Home must be the applicant's primary residence.
- Home must not be a rental or investment property.
- Electric utility must be in the homeowner's name.
- Home must be located in Virginia.
- Home must meet the standard requirements for solar power to cover at least 50% of average annual utility bill.
- Roof structure must be able to support the solar system.
- Roof must face south, east, or west, and have limited obstructions (fans, vents, etc.). North facing roofs are not eligible.
- Applicant agrees that he/she will not sell this home for at least five (5) years after solar system install.
Not all homes are eligible for solar power. Applicant’s homes will receive an initial evaluation using satellite images. If further verification is needed, an on-site visit will be required.
Eligible applicants will be chosen on a first come, first serve basis. Not all applicants will receive full funding, and may be offered partial funding. It will be up to each applicant to decide whether or not to accept the terms of this program. Awards will not be granted until funds are available.
4ag Inc. will work exclusively with a Virginia-based solar power installer. This company shall be named once that agreement has been finalized.